August 9, 2012

Happy Thursday

Wow, this week is flying by.  I think as the new school year draws closer the days go faster.  I am not so sure I am ready for the kids to go back.  Yes, I am ready for a little peace and quite:) I am just not ready for the homework fights to begin.  Honestly, I think school work gets harder and harder.  Somedays, I think I need to go back to school just to help my kids out.

Anyway, I promised I would be back later in the week to finish sharing my July projects for The Scrapbooking Studio in Bloomington, IL.  I was happy to be assigned the new Carta Bella Beautiful Moments line.  If you haven't checked out this paper, you need to!!! The paper has a beautiful texture and feel.  The colors are jaw dropping and the stickers are like no other.  This is one of those lines that you could just frame the paper and it would look perfect!  Enough said...On to sharing my projects.

First a layout about my niece.  For the base of my page I used the 12 x 12 sheet of Chickadee.  Next, I grabbed a piece of Happy Thoughts and cut it ( I don't remember the exact size) and placed it in the middle of the page.  Then, I did what I always do, start cutting up my paper and playing around until I get the layout just the way I like.  Typically, I will lay it out and walk away.  When I come back I will either go with, add more or move pieces around.  The Title was cut using a piece of the solid grey in the 6 x 6 paper pack.  Items used that were not from the Carta Bella line were: Divine Twine in Cotton Candy, A misc. button & a small flower from Maya Road.

 Here is a close up of the lower right corner showing some of the layering.  I tend to layer a lot.


Next, is a mini album I put together listing a few of my favorite drinks.  I used the Maya Road Mason Jar Chipboard album, divine twine, and Beautiful moments paper and stickers.  For the jar top, I traced the lid on a grey sheet of 6 x6 paper, cut them out and then lightly painted them with Maya Road Metallic mist to give them a jar top look.  On the right hand side, I placed a picture and then on the left I explained why it was my favorite drink and where the picture was taken.

 The wish is from Studio Calico.  I used a inker to get the pink color.
 Ok, this isn't my favorite drink...But, it was summer vacation and my daughters were fooling around with there father's favorite drink.  I don't want anyone reading this thinking I let me underage children drink.

 This is the world's best drink in Epcot.  If you ever go, head to France and try it out for yourself.  I so wish, I could figure out this recipe!!!!  Then again, maybe not as I wouldn't get a thing done.
That wraps up my July design team work.  All items can be found at The Scrapbooking Studio in Bloomington, IL.  I am going to finish photographing my  Christmas mini book and then share it with you either tomorrow or this weekend.

Enjoy the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS